Singing Dunes

Singing Dunes

Monday, February 17, 2014

Omani Sink Hole, Coastal and Mountain Views

 After visiting the mosque we found a lovely restaurant in a strip mall right by the beach.  The weather was perfect and we had a cozy little spot outside.


 Hot husband alert!  Can't believe I'm married to this man!!!  Lucky!
After lunch we walked down to the beach - the water was chilly, and the sand was very compact
 Madie wrote this in the sand - "The Bahrs - I love you guys"

 We persuaded Eric to take us to the gelato place for a treat.  (By 'us' I mean 'ME')  Wasn't as good as in Rome, but you never know unless you try, right?!

 They had some cool chairs in the gelato store
 Next we took off for about an hours drive thru the mountains in search of the natural Omani sink hole.
 Absolutely gorgeous!!!!



 I had to bust out a yoga move!!!

 He's thinking, "I'm king of this here hole!"
 A nice man offered to take our photo
 Seriously, I could never tire of looking at this photo - just beautiful

 I made Eric pull over so I could get a picture of this jackass!  LOL!!!
 Ferrel donkeys, they were just so cute.  Too bad they were too big to fit in our tiny sedan.  (Krista Ising, yours should be arriving any day now! Love you!)
 
 We pulled over to check out the beach and let the kids have a quick swim

 YES!!!  I love the beach!!!
 Blessed
 Oman is such a beautiful country, and the people were incredibly friendly.  It's been amazing to experience this part of the world.
Upon returning to our hotel the kids were tickled to find that the maid had arranged their stuffed animals.

1 comment :

Joyce said...

Well another amazing experience and memory made !!! I was surprised to see the girls did not have to wear something on their heads like you did. Must be a age when that has to happen. Loved all the neat photos almost like being there with you but not quite :-) Love to all, A. Joyce

Visits to this site

Counters