Singing Dunes

Singing Dunes

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Back in the swing of things

Hard to believe we've already been back in Doha a month!  This month has flown by fast!  The kids are back in school and have enjoyed being reunited with their Newton buddies.  We are getting back on schedule.  I thought I would have all this time now that Kealy is attending school....but man does the day go by fast!  Yoga has started up again and I'm really enjoying that.  We're also going to start doing zumba on Thursdays.  I love having a great group of ladies to exercise with here on the compound.  

Bible study has also resumed.  This semester I joined the mom2mom group, as well as the regular Wednesday ladies group.  The moms group meets once a month, and we are currently studying Wise Words for Moms.  I can't even begin to tell you what a blessing it has been to have a group of Christian women to learn from.  It has helped me grow as a mother, wife, and a woman of faith.

The kids decided they want to do gymnastics again, and that started on the 13th.  So far they are loving it!  Kealy will be starting t-ball next month as well.

This past week has been full of activities.  Tuesday I attended an educational session at the FANAR, Islamic Cultural Center.  The topic was on the hajj - the trip to Mecca.  Did you know Mecca is in Saudi Arabia?  I didn't!!!  Hope to share more of what I learned in another post.  Very interesting.  Lovely ladies put on these programs and serve tea and Arabic snacks with it!

Tuesday evening my friends Dawn, Stephanie, and I had a girls night out!  We had dinner at a Lebanese restaurant in Katara and then attended the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra.  Talk about getting my culture!!!  I've never attended an orchestra before, but it was really nice.  Beautiful theater, and the tickets weren't that expensive and we were in the 2nd row!  Hoping to catch some more performances while we are here.


Wednesday Dawn and I attended a cake baking class at Caramel Cake Decorating.  We learned how to make red velvet and carrot cake from scratch.  We had a blast and hope to take some more classes.  The villa is decorated so cute, and they have a supply store where you can buy all sorts of baking accessories.  For a moment I thought I was back in Hobby Lobby!!
We were in heaven with a kitchen aid mixer!!!  Oh how we miss ours back home!  And how cute are those little tins?!?!
Aren't these signs awesome!?  Lurpak is a brand of butter here.
The bakers - aren't we just adorable with our Vera Bradley aprons!!!

No comments :

Visits to this site

Counters