Singing Dunes

Singing Dunes

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Last Pit Stop

I filled up my car with gas, or petrol as they call it here, for the last time this morning.  It's like a step back into the 1950's, they have gas attendants and I have become spoiled.  Not only have I not had to pump my own petrol for the last year, but it is incredibly cheap.  About 85 cents a gallon!!!!  So to fill the entire tank of my tiny Honda City costs less than $7.  I am quite positive that I will never pay these prices ever again in my life!!!!  So this morning as the guy was pumping the petrol and he told me I owed 26 riyal for the tank I had already decided that I was going to make this guy's day with a fat tip.  Upon giving me my change I handed him back 50 riyal (a little more than $10).  He looked at me puzzled and I just said, "Thank you and Merry Christmas"  I drove away with more than just a full tank this morning.

Visits to this site

Counters